5.05.2010

humble musings

My sweet nephew, Parker

Hello blog world. I have returned after somewhat of a long absence. I've decided I'm officially going through "blog remorse" if there is such a thing. I started blogging a few years ago and loved it. And then stopped for a while, and decided to start again before the hubs and I got married, and then I was introduced to some "professional" bloggers, found here, here, and here, and then I got into this funk, and couldn't find the motivation to write anymore.

I don't mean to be daisy downer here, but I found myself thinking these sad thoughts: Why should I even attempt to write about my life when I'm obviously not as gifted as these other girls...{who have been blogging way longer}. Or, " I don't really have a very interesting life right now, " or "my blog doesn't look as good, blah blah blah." Until it finally dawned on me: I don't have to blog if I don't want to, but I want to. And I'm not going to do myself any favors by comparing my life to others. The Lord gives us all different gifts to be used for His Glory. I'm encouraged by these other ladies who use their blogs to do just that. And by thinking that my life isn't as important does me no good.

so...i'm going to attempt to change things up a little and not play by the rules. I'm gonna write when I want to, even if several weeks go by, and i'm going to do my best to not compare myself to others. My goal is that the Lord would be honored by my humble musings about life, and continue to show me how He's working in me, and our marriage. I hope to be an encouragement to you.

No comments: