5.09.2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Sam and I had plans this weekend and couldn't make it home to see this lovely lady for Mother's day. I was a little sad, and even frustrated that I didn't get her card in the mail 'till Friday...ugh. But I know that she'll receive it with just as much appreciation, even if a little tardy.

I know I don't say this as much as I should to her, but I thank God that He has given me such a great Mom...and one that has sacrificed so much of her time to invest in mine. She is not only a mother, but a best friend. We joke around sometimes that we are like "twins" because so many of the things we do and think are the alike...I told her that "it's good to have a clone in the world that knows exactly what you're thinking when you need someone to talk to!" She's also one of the strongest, most sensitive women I know, and carries with her such a beautiful combination of spiritual and physical beauty, it just lights up the room. I am so thankful that the Lord has allowed her to walk with me through this first year and half of marriage, and have been sad that mom never got to do that with her mother.
I only hope that I can be half the mother she has been to my kids one day. I have been blessed with a wonderful example, and look forward to when she can walk me through raising my babies down the road. {she is going to spoil them rotten.}

To all of you mama's out there....thank you.

No comments: