7.28.2009

The "fever"


I’ve been trying to ignore it…but, I have to admit, it’s hit me: the baby fever. Is that bad that I already have it, and we’ve only been married a little shy of 8 months? I have a feeling that it has to do in large part to the fact that almost my entire small group of ten couples is either pregnant or has just had a baby. Literally, I think there are 3 of us that aren’t pregnant and w/o a child. Not to mention the fact that my boss is pregnant, my sister-in-law is pregnant, and I just found out the one of my other friends is also pregnant! Talk about a baby boom!

 I’m sorry to vent, but the past two weeks have been really tough, especially after going to small group. I mean I’ve left in tears, thinking, “where do I fit in with all these girls, and how do I learn to relate to them?” I love the fact that they are older, and wiser, but it’s hard to be so new in a marriage, and have so many people around you that are two years ahead of where you are. But, then I have to remember that the Lord has purpose for me where we are for the time being. I just tend to let that slip out of my memory to often than not.

When I really think about it, I can’t believe how crazy silly I’m being….I mean come on? A BABY!?! You see I’m not thinking about all the morning sickness, crying, eventual late night feedings, sleepless nights, dirty diapers, etc., etc. Nope, I just think about how fun it would be to watch my body grow, and feel a little person in side kicking around, and then cuddling with the little thing all day long while nursery songs play in the background……

 HAHAHAHA….I can imagine all you mothers are laughing at how naïve I am!Really…I know. It’s pretty ridiculous. So, I’ve decided to keep praying about this fever and trust the Lord will help to “go away” for a least another year or so. In the meantime, Sam and I have really talked about how I can use my energy to be better at what the Lord has gifted me to do….while I have the free time to do it!

So….that’s what I’m going to try to focus on…but I know this fever is not something that goes away overnight. Anybody got any crazy difficult kids they want to let me have for a night? That would probably cure me, for a little while!

No comments: