2.17.2009

Lessons


So....God just really taught me some good lessons tonight. 
Lesson #1: Go to my small group even when I don't want to. Like tonight. I was really feeling down about Sam being away, and I was getting really creative about why I shouldn't go...and then at the last minute Sam called a friend of ours and got them to pick me up. So I guess that meant I was going.... 

Even though I was the only one there without a hubby present, it was still such a blessing to be around a such a godly group of women and men. I mean, I feel so much more refreshed now and just comforted from knowing that I there are people out there investing in my life and that I can do the same in theirs. 

I feel like the table has turned again in a way. For a little while there, ever since I graduated from college, I've been thinking, wow, I'm kind of getting old...because all the kids that I saw in elementary school are know somehow in college?? But, I'm the youngest one in my small group, and Sam and I have been married a really short amount of time compared to the average 2-5 years of couples in the small group (not to mention that 4 of them are pregnant). But, I'm glad that we can learn from them. I've been praying for something like that for a very long time. 

Lesson #2: Still Expect Blessings in tough situations. I love how the earlier part of my day was a little drab, and after visiting with other people tonight, God used that to really lift my heart. 

Lesson #3: If at all possible, go to bed early whenever you can:) 

That's all the lessons I have for today!

-wb 


No comments: